Wednesday, December 13, 2017

August

August Adea Shirt, Thrifted Pants, Adelante Cordoba Sandal in Caramel

MY STORY: I recently took a day trip to Joshua Tree and went to Key Views, the highest point in the park with a stunning view. It was my first time there and I was blown away both mentally by the natural majestic beauty and physically by the wind. While we were there, someone asked us, "What are your dreams?" We thought about it for a second and replied, "We're living them."

It's honestly such a blessing to be able to say that as our response. I feel that it is easy to be drawn away to doing something unenjoyable just because it's stable, easy, or what someone else wants you to do. I've spent time dabbling here and it made me sad and unable to enjoy what life truly has to offer. I fought for change and now I'm working in ethical fashion, a field that I actually like and look forward to learning about. It's not an easy journey to fight to live your dreams but I can vouch that it'll be worth it.

AUGUST'S STORY: August, a sustainable clothing brand offering innovative designs in natural materials, is founded by Estonian designer Ali Kargoja. Ali creates pieces that harmonize comfort, practicality, and style. For Ali, the materials and manufacturing process are very important. She uses fabric from Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified fabric mills and sustainable fabric fairs. Also, all her pieces are made in Estonia. 

1 comment:

  1. Abaya and Kaftan Dress are just some of the clothing worn by women all over the world in order to keep other people from seeing their skin and also for religious purposes.

    ReplyDelete