Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Zanni


MY STORY: As some of you might know, I recently started taking classes in fashion. I am currently taking pattern making and next month I'll be taking draping. So far it's been going well. Our project is to create a pattern, transfer it onto fabric, and sew a fitted dress. I created a bodice pattern and sewed 2 of them already, and now I'm drafting the pattern for the skirt of the dress. I feel that I have learned so much in such a short amount of time and am excited to see where I can apply these skills with future garments I make.

ZANNI'S STORY: Zanni, founded by Suzanne Lewis, is a women's dress line that can take you from a workout, to a meeting, and then to dinner. Suzanne decided to create her brand after an incident of wanting to wear a cotton dress to dinner but also wanted to bike there. She wanted to look presentable at dinner yet be comfortable biking. From there, she knew she had to start Zanni which offers an alternative that is functional yet cute. The dresses are made with luxury performance Italian fabrics that are manufactured sustainably and constructed in Los Angeles ensuring workers a living wage, safety, and overall well-being. After wearing my dress for the first time, I already know it will be a piece that will stay in my closet for years to come because of the easy-to-wear shape and high quality fabric and construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment